The Evolution Of A Vintage Seller

Monday, September 7, 2009

Homer Laughlin Oven Serve Pie Baker Pattern OS88

Some women's eyes sparkle at the mention of diamond baubles or gold jewelry. Me, I'm a bit more pedestrian than that. Old dinnerware does it for me. And, no, I wasn't a cheap date when I was 21 and cute as a bug. Now, it's a cheap piece of old American dinnerware that makes my eyes light up. Priorities change, people!

This 1930s Oven Serve 10-1/2 inch pie baker is almost pristine. I couldn't believe my good fortune when I picked it up from the trolley at one of my favorite resale shops. Bright, shiny, no utensil marks; excellent! As far as I can tell from my research, the pattern doesn't have a name but is only known as decoration OS88. I've darkened the bottom picture so that the beautiful embossed detail can be more easily seen.











No comments:

Post a Comment