The Evolution Of A Vintage Seller

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Trash and Treasures? I gots 'em!

The goldenrod is blooming. The pine straw is littering the drive. The black gums are beginning to show their bright red leaves. A baker's dozen of cardinals came to feed at dusk yesterday. Today we have temps in the 70s and that old grump humidity is at 33%. This is weather I can live with. I was in California for two weeks; got back to the land of honey and magnolias late Monday evening. California was a hot and fiery place. Unseasonably hot. Seasonably fiery. A lovely place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I arrived at Ontario airport with one suitcase. I checked two on my return trip. TSA left a kind note in my heavier bag. I don't think they disturbed the duct tape on the older one! Yes, I secured it with duct tape...you just never know when those locks are gonna pop and the Spanx explode all over the airport...plus various newspaper and bubble-wrapped treasures. I had a good time on my thrift circuit around Diamond Bar. Goodwill in Covina, Azusa, and Brea; Community Thrift on Arrow Highway; and one last thrifting trip down the coast as an excuse to get some really good guacamole. And a really nice Fiesta platter!



These are a few of the things I found during my excavations (yes, that's the correct word because I had to dig for a few of these items):

  • Shulton Old Spice shaving mug
  • Anchor Hocking Hobnail lamp base
  • 2 Fire King Lustre punch mugs
  • Tupperware pepper mill
  • Anchor Hocking Forest Green short vase
  • 2 interesting bottles for a bottle fiend that I personally know and love dearly who shall remain nameless!

These aren't the least of the neat things I found. Somewhere along the way I've become obsessed with red tartan plaid. It began with the vintage McGregor Scottish Drizzler windbreaker and has become a major neurosis. I think I'll take two aspirin now and call the shrink in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment