The Evolution Of A Vintage Seller

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Frustration---Is It McCoy or Homer Laughlin?



Frustration is seeing something in a book in the library then finding it on the shelf at a local thrift store. Snatching it up and not being able to remember whose company made it. Frustration is not being able to find it in a book again no matter how many trips to the library have been made. Frustration is wondering if you just made the whole thing up or dreamed it!
Frustration is never having seen this particular style before and not being able to even hazard a guess.





Such is the case with this creamer and sugar set. Less than perfect with worn gold and a sizeable chip, it still has clean modern lines with a decidedly 50s feel. I think it's McCoy. But it could be Homer Laughlin. I think. Or it could be some other company entirely. I'm just not sure. But I'm sure that I like it.











No comments:

Post a Comment