The Evolution Of A Vintage Seller

Monday, December 1, 2008

Wexford by Anchor Hocking

Gene Florence says in Anchor Hocking's Fire King & More Third Edition by Gene & Cathy Florence on page 120, "Wexford might be the next Early American Prescut in the collecting world." This isn't an old pattern; perhaps from the 1960s forward and is not worth a great deal. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have a piece of this glassware that you're actively using. Don't list it on ebay yet as it's only worth a coupla bucks, so use it and enjoy it.







These four pieces were found in Covina, California and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I bought them separately and didn't realize it was the same pattern. I also have several pieces from my ex mother-in-law and a couple of pieces from an aunt.


On my last thrift store rummage-a-thon at a new church-run thrift store at 601 North Kings Hwy. in Myrtle Beach, I started out the door and saw these in the case. I bought them without a thought. I paid exactly what they're worth by the book, but I love the color. It's a teal-y, aqua-y, blue-y color which I think is properly called azure or azurine. The shaker set is funky and interesting in that the color isn't consistent throughout.





















No comments:

Post a Comment